Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Living and learning

Hello all! I can hardly believe it has been just over a month since my last entry. Time has been flying by and I have been one busy girl. Aside from the holidays, my direct sales business is in it's busiest time and life in general has been several times more hectic than the norm. I have also decided to start back to work, at least part time, beginning in January. This was a decision that was not easy to make, because I love being at home with my daughter, however sometimes you just know something is the right choice and there was no denying that this opportunity fell into my lap and was everything it should be. I am 100% confident it is the right thing to do and I am ready for it. I have to say though, and yes this is a definite excuse, that because all of the above mentioned occurrences, I have not been making great diet choices. I have not failed completely, partially due to the fact that I decided when I started this that the only way to fail would be to not try, and I have tried. I have worked out, although it has not been as consistent as it should be, and I have made some changes to my daily eating habits. I have found some snacks that curb my bad food urges and help me to be satisfied without feeling guilty afterwards. I would like to share a few of my favorites with you. I tend to crave three main tastes, which include salty, sweet and chocolate (yes, although sweet, chocolate does get it's own category.) My new salty fix consists of raw sugar snap peas with a small amount of light ranch dressing for dipping. It offers just the right amount of crunch and the ranch helps provides a salty touch. Another salty choice I have been turning to lately are salted almonds. They keep you full for a long time too. Next my sweet tooth has been sufficed by yoplait yogurt in the many dessert flavors available (key lime pie is my current fav.) I have also been keeping a pack of dessert flavored gum around. They even make a mint chocolate flavor! Lastly is my most tempting treat, chocolate, and to help keep me on the right track I have been eating nutella on anything I can think of. Whether it be a piece of toast, a piece of celery or just some wheat thins, it does the trick. And for a special treat, I will make a chocolate pudding pie with lite cool whip and sugar free pudding. Mix it and pour it into a graham cracker crust and voila! I still have moments where nothing else will do, but a juicy cheeseburger and fries, or that creamy chocolate milkshake, ok I really need to stop, but I am trying and I have lost a couple pounds, so that is encouraging. So, until we chat again, keep your chin up and don't let the many holiday celebrations looming about beat you down. Fill those festive plates with healthier choices. However, allow yourself to indulge a little (that way when I do, I won't feel quite so bad.) And perhaps next year a pair of skinny jeans will be on your list to Santa- Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment